Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cohen has arrived!

I am so proud to announce that I finally have a nephew!!!!! His name is Cohen Matthew Carreker (LOVE the name) and he was born 11/20/08 at 6:09 pm weighing 8 lb and 14 oz!! He is the most precious thing in the world and I just LOVE him. I was so thankful to be able to be there for the delivery and it was honestly the most amazing experience ever. As a labor and delivery nurse I see deliveries every day. However, it's WAY different when it is your sister and nephew. I was a bit anxious watching my sister go through it all but she did wonderfully and I was just SO unbelievably proud of her. Chris did great the whole time! He coached her through everything and was so supportive! His face lit up as he saw his son for the first time...it was priceless!

I was so sad to leave but hope to get back down to Dallas soon before school starts! So here are a couple of pics of the most adorable nephew in the world.....



5 comments:

JJ said...

Yay! I kept waiting for your blog to be updated!! Can't wait to hear all the details :)

lindsay said...

that's such a great pic of you and him- he even looks like he knows what's going on!!

kristen elaine said...

YAY - I love the pictures. He is PRECIOUS!! Being an aunt is the best thing in the world!

TMB said...

congratulations!!

he is precious!
xoxo

kristen elaine said...

I miss you, dear - when will you be in Birmingham next? Also, please tell your sis to post more pictures of Cohen! He's adorable! :)